So, lately I’ve been seeing one liberal tweet after another that are all variations on the one above, whining about how much MOAB (the Mother of All Bombs) costs – and what we should be spending the money on instead – and they’re so stupid in so many ways that I don’t even know where to begin. So let’s just count the ways, shall we?
1. Regardless of what you’ve read on social media, one MOAB doesn’t cost $300 million to make, it costs $170,000. It took me all of 30 seconds to fact-check that number, something that half of the liberals on Twitter and Facebook are apparently incapable of doing.
2. Even if it did cost $300 million, that comes out to less than $1 per person in the United States. How exactly does that provide healthcare for anyone? Have you seen how much we’ve already spent on the shit-show known as Obamacare? You seriously think throwing another $300 millon on that bonfire is going to accomplish anything?
3. The money isn’t being spent on the bombs now, it was spent when they were built, several years ago. If liberals were so interested in having that money go towards something else, maybe they should’ve brought it up with the Commander-in-Chief at the time, Barack Obama. Funny how liberals weren’t concerned about the military spending money on these bombs when Obama was the one dropping them, isn’t it?
4. Even if the government decided to spend this money on healthcare or some other liberal pet cause, that’s not how government spending works (and frankly, this is a mistake that a lot of fiscal conservatives make as well). The money raised is specifically earmarked for certain things, back before the government even collects it. They’re not allowed to simply take money out of one pot and put it into another. That’s why members are Congress are always trying to load up their bills with earmarks and pork barrel spending, so that they can get funding for their pet projects without getting into trouble.
5. National defense is a fundamental, basic function of the federal government, as specifically outlined in our founding documents. Providing healthcare is not. Nor is Meals On Wheels, or any of the other stuff you guys think the money should go towards. Basic responsibilities of government come first, liberal wish lists come later (or not at all). Trying to do it the other way around is utter insanity.
6. It’s truly adorable that liberals are suddenly interested in curbing government spending, isn’t it? Where were you guys when Obama doubled the National Debt? Oh, that’s right, you were busy accusing Republicans of wanting to push Grandma off a cliff because they merely suggested slowing down the rate of spending in the future. But now that a Republican is bombing ISIS, you’re suddenly concerned that we’re spending too much money. Sure.
I have no doubt that I missed a few, as this level of idiocy cannot be fully comprehended by someone as simple as myself. So feel free to add your own in the comments. If this much stupidity comes out of us dropping one single bomb, I can’t wait to see what the next four years will bring.