Let’s hope Israel finishes the job this time. No more appeasement. As Netanyahu put it, “if the Palestanians put down their weapons, there would be no more war. If the Israelis put down their weapons, there would be no more Israel.”
Would that they would,Jimmy,but they won’t…they still listen to the limp dicks in the UN and the State Department.
Am I the only one? The Democrats are screamin’ ‘cuz poor Susan Rice is being unfairly castigated and should not be held accountable for spieling the party line because it was based on “the intelligence she had at the time,” but George Bush is a murderer who lied and caused people to die because he acted on “the intelligence he had at the time (and that a gaggle of Democrat leaders also had and who voted to support his actions).
Obama is ready to “throw down” over his Susan. What a gallant defender of women, keeping the mean men from questioning the delicate not-John-Bolton UN Ambassador. Reminds me of the hue and cry and the crocodile indignation that Hillary received from her ilk after Rick Lazio had the audacity to “invade her space” during a debate.
No one in Shangri-La has commented on this hypocrisy, this discrepancy of viewpoint. How about over there in the real world? Anyone?
I am woman hear me roar but be gentle ‘cuz I’m the weaker sex, dontcha know.
Pardon my French but, where the f’k is the bailout for the Twinkie? I guess if you don’t contribute to the right people and your creations go against the wishes of the President and her husband, you get a giant, royal, “screw you” letter when you apply for a bailout.
Twinkies do not fit Mich-hell’s “healthy” paradigm. Ho!
I hope Petraeous keeps his pants up but lets it all hang out today.
The families of those murdered should be planted on the front steps.
Another Union success story – Hostess declares bankruptcy, and attempts to re-organize within parameters established by bankruptcy court. Does the Union work with the company to ensure people remain employed? NO! It goes on on strike – after the company’s already declared bankruptcy, demanding higher wages under a reorganization contract, thereby creating an environment where EVERYONE working for Hostess loses their jobs. … Yay, Unions! … NOT!
I’m having Twinkies for breakfast … for old times’ sake.
So…visiting the Castro District, are we?
You think I’m a transvestite, don’t you?
Now why would you think that I thought that? 8-0
This makes me very sad. Another American institution destroyed by the unions. What a moral victory, eh? “I now no longer have a job, but at least I didn’t cave!”
Well at least we have Pontiac, Pan Am, US Steel, uh each other?
215 jobs in Memphis lost,Daniel.Next time I see these pear shaped union picketers I’ll laugh.
Hmmm … I wonder why Hostess isn’t “too big to fail”. I guess the 18,000+ employees that used to be employed by this particular company fell on the wrong side of Michelle “Let them eat veggies” Obama’s health crusade.
Have you noticed how the thugs on the Progressive Left are now talking about “the 2%”. No explanation or comment on why the number of their Class Enemies doubled now that the Community-Organizer-in-Chief got Himself 4 more years to practice His putting.
And I hear the chocolate ration is being increased from 20 to 10 grammes.
a man exposing his genitals is more than a feeling.
Her “feeling” occurred before she left the house, and it was based on logic: dark, foggy, isolated area, etc. And I infer that she is a trained “feeler,” having a trained hund that caught & cornered the nice feller. And no one will convince me that her gun was unloaded till she was faced with the immediacy of the situation. But that’s just me.
What does the Addams Family have to do with anything? Stay on topic, will ya?!
Yeah, that posting from my phone thing went really well.
What I meant to say is that you’re right, it probably was loaded.
But I am glad she went with the feeling to bring the gun. I do treasure my intuition. I’ve “known” when my daughter is going to have a seizure and it’s kept us from doing it in a public space or somewhere I can’t get to her.
I experienced a profound, life altering incident involving my older Sun when he was an infant. Have you ever heard the voice of God, the audible voice of God? I have. Bet you have too, Sis. *o*
Her, “This is my pistol.”
Him, “This is my gun.”
Her, “This is for killing.”
Him, “This is for fun.”
Her, “I’ll win.”
You spelled “cookie” wrong, Tink. (Or maybe it should be a twinkie instead?)
I think “Ding Dong” might be appropriate in this case.
Hansel and Regrettal
Here’s coffee. Mrs.-fritz- and I are outa here…job interviews, ya know?
“Former CIA Director David Petraeus testified in a closed-door hearing Friday morning that his agency determined immediately after the Sept. 11 Libya attack that “Al Qaeda involvement” was suspected — but the line was taken out in the final version circulated to administration officials, according to a top lawmaker who was briefed.”
Reminds of a scene in the Paul Newman film, The Verdict, when the nurse (Kaitlin) testifies what how she wrote the intake form, and how the doctor came in and ordered her to change it to save his sorry backside.
“Kaitlin: [testifying why she kept a copy of the admittance form] After the operation, when that poor girl she went into a coma, Dr. Towler called me in. He told me that he’d had five difficult deliveries in a row and he was tired… and he never looked at the admittance form. And he told me to change the form. He told me to change the ’1′ to a ’9′… or else… or else he said, he said he’d fire me. He said I’d never work again. Who were these men? Who were these men? I wanted to be a nurse!”
Kit, the flow-chart is accurate as far as it goes and as far as I know. “Resist We Much” posted this fact sheet on HotAir. She provides a Benghazi timeline that codifies it for me:
1. The State Department had to issue a waiver for the consulate in Benghazi because security failed to meet its own basic security standards and those set forth in Federal law.
2. The Benghazi consulate had been bombed twice in the 5 months leading up to 09.11.12.
3. Specific threats had been made against the ambassador, the consulate, and other assets in Benghazi.
4. Increasing threats to and attacks on the Libyan nationals hired to provide security at the U.S. missions in Tripoli and Benghazi had been made during the 6 months prior to the attack.
5. On 10 June 2012, an assassination attempt had been made on the British ambassador, which led to the entire mission being abandoned.
6. Diplomatic cables warned of security concerns in Benghazi and flatly said the consulate could not withstand a coordinated attack.
7. The Red Cross had been attacked in May and al Qaeda had left threats there on the day of the attack mentioning the American consulate.
8. On 22 June 2012, Ambassador Stevens warned State that extremist groups were carrying out terrorists attacks, making threats against Western targets, and he believed that he was a target.
9. On 9 July 2012, Stevens requested at least 13 more security personnel.
10. On 21 July 2012, the private security contractor, Nordstrom, warned State to be on high alert for terrorist activity. State refused to renew Nordstrom’s contract on 5 Aug and replaced it with a Welsh group, Blue Mountain, which had little knowledge of the conditions in Libya and hired inexperienced locals for $4 an hour.
11. On 2 August 2012, Stevens sent an urgent cable to Clinton requesting a “protective detail bodyguard.”
12. On 16 August 2012, the consulate security team leaves while sending a message directly to Clinton of the dire security situation.
13. On 8 September 2012, Libyan officials in Benghazi warned both Ambassador Stevens and Secretary Clinton of a pending attack on the consulate.
14. 4 hours before he was killed, Stevens cabled Washington. He told Hillary’s office that there were at least 10 al Qaeda groups openly training in Benghazi and he/and the consulate were operating under extremis conditions.
15. It was the 11th anniversary of the original 9/11.
Resist We Much on November 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM
On how Obama has directly affected my family – my mother has, in the past, been able to finance her own home sales, herself. Now, new regulations say she can’t do that anymore – the purchasing party has to go to a “banking/financial institution.”
So, anyone who thinks Barry’s all about the little guy and about fighting those “big banks” needs to really stop smoking so much dope!
Kenn, I’m a licensed (but not currently practicing) real estate broker and am familiar with this new regulation. Because Frank, Dodd, Carter, Clinton, Maxine, et al caused the mortgage/housing industry to go bust, the new and improved administration decided that the mortgage industry (the greedy banks and rich investors) needed more restrictions. It’s just another layer of bureaucracy that will have no positive effect on the housing fiasco. It just gives the appearance that our great leaders are looking out for us; they’re “doing something” to ease our pain.
I’m back and I’m ticked! Hostess folding? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Mrs. -fritz- still unemployed? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Possibly a good prospect, however! God is in control, no matter how much Obama protests that he is actually god! I’m really hopeful that Mooshelle might sneak a Twinky in the middle of the night and end up with a zit the size of the Grand Canyon on her nose!
To make Gold Rush on Discovery Channel, the producers HAD to scour the country for the most unorganized looney people they could find. Prove me wrong. Their ineptitude makes me want to go up there just to straighten things out.
I wonder how much they get paid to make asses out of themselves on cable TV?
Watching “Seabiscuit”. Despite the pro-New Deal scene it is a great movie and does a good job depicting a country that has been kicked in the shins finding hope in an underdog.