I thought we might take this time to regale each other with stories of the family table…or of the family trip to the mall, afterwards. Is your gang Black Friday indulgers? fond of football & leftovers? What specialty do you bring to the meal? which specialty do you crave on this day? favorite T’giving-themed film/TV ep?
5. My slow-roasted rosemary sweet potatoes: Embarrassingly easy to prepare, yet happily popular with the Parents du Wank.
4. Cranberry sauce preference: Whole berry-in-can.
3. Football: Wow, I knew it wouldn’t be long before the “real refs” were as maligned as their replacement brethren.
2. 2012 additions: My brother’s new gf is half his age and…sigh…a hugger. There’s something about being embraced by a person I’ve only met once before, brings out the cactus in me.
1. the Family du Wank: I spent most of my adult life far away from them during this season. So now there is great joy to be had in crowding together on the sofa, watching the National Dog Show before turkey is served.