1. Dead Snow : Red vs. Dead. For his sequel to the blood-splattered but unremarkable Norwegian zombie flick “Dead Snow”, writer/director Tommy Wirkola ups the ante considerably, resulting in a more entertaining film, but also one that will be difficult for anyone but the most hardcore horror fans to enjoy. While the first film used […]
Other than snorting coke off of an underage stripper’s body, there’s nothing Hollywood actors like to do more than tell us how much conservatives suck. So it’s not surprising, then, that they relish the opportunity to play a conservative character, as a great way to pour all of their straw-man hate into the role. Occasionally, […]
Most Americans tend to avoid any foreign movie that doesn’t involve crouching tigers or hidden dragons (or Monica Belucci), and it’s hard to blame them. The snobby leftists that propagate our culture have gone out of their way to ensure that the foreign movies that get the attention are as artsy, pretentious and anti-American as […]
Greetings fellow Threedonians, JimmyC here. I stole the keys to the place from Floyd while he was having his afternoon siesta (shh, let’s keep it between us), and since there hasn’t been a movie list on here in a while, I thought I’d contribute one.
One of the perks of being a movie geek buff […]
CineFix has collected a medley of 12 “long takes” they consider the best. The usual suspects are here (as opposed to The Usual Suspects) — it’s a good list. Any list of long takes that doesn’t take into account the ne plus ultra of long takes… “The Russian Ark” is suspect though.
And now for the best TV families. Cartoons & Reality TV count, only if there’s no one named “Kardashian” or “Gosselin”.
5. The Hecks from The Middle: Because this show has gotten better with age. Partly because they’ve allowed the three kids to grow out of their early twerpy-ness. And Dad is the smartest guy […]
Best movie families (TV is for a later Five!):
5. The Buckmans in Parenthood (1989): Steve Martin gives his best performance in this Ron Howard film. Once you watch Jason Robards’ turn as his bitter father, you’ll marvel that Martin’s character ever had a chance at being a successful dad — but he is! funny, inventive, […]
This started out as “Watch Me/Read Me/Do Me”, until I reread it.
It’s the start of a new year — make some recommendations to your fellow 3Ders.
5. VH1 picked up “Happy Endings”, which is a wild, goofball Friends retread, set in Chicago. Before ABC dropped the axe (after three seasons), it had hit cult […]
Apparently this was a hashtag last week. LOVE it. One of our local conservative radio jocks said Jimi Hendrix was overrated…got death threats!
5. Shakespeare in Love deserved the Oscar for Best Picture. One of the cleverest scripts ever (thank you Tom Stoppard), and lots of dazzling performances.
4. Saving Private Ryan is overrated (while […]
In honor of his 50th Anniversary. If you’re not a fan, feel free to use the same categories to discuss YOUR favorite sci-fi series:
5. Best episode: “Blink”: Actually Doctor-lite (Carey Mulligan has the central role), but a wonderful stand-alone episode with an engaging heroine, a great mystery, and some of the most truly terrifying […]