The Five has done this before, but this time, it’s to honor two of the funniest people ever. Even though I can’t pick a Robin Williams favorite.
Based upon concert film, or comedy album (remember those, kids?), share your favorites below:
5. Joan Rivers: Anything on motherhood. No particular routine of hers comes to mind […]
And now for the best TV families. Cartoons & Reality TV count, only if there’s no one named “Kardashian” or “Gosselin”.
5. The Hecks from The Middle: Because this show has gotten better with age. Partly because they’ve allowed the three kids to grow out of their early twerpy-ness. And Dad is the smartest guy […]
Best movie families (TV is for a later Five!):
5. The Buckmans in Parenthood (1989): Steve Martin gives his best performance in this Ron Howard film. Once you watch Jason Robards’ turn as his bitter father, you’ll marvel that Martin’s character ever had a chance at being a successful dad — but he is! funny, inventive, […]
This started out as “Watch Me/Read Me/Do Me”, until I reread it.
It’s the start of a new year — make some recommendations to your fellow 3Ders.
5. VH1 picked up “Happy Endings”, which is a wild, goofball Friends retread, set in Chicago. Before ABC dropped the axe (after three seasons), it had hit cult […]
Remember that tonight is Amateur Night — watch out for those idiots enjoying their first beers.
Go ahead and list 2014 resolutions, 2013 successes, and any & all holiday favorites.
5. Worst, or weirdest, Christmas present: The bad news: I got a “Greetings From Texas” lamp this year, from a friend who lives in Dallas. […]
This is late, and edited — not at all — but Dad du Wank is back in hospital, so I’m a little scatty. -ier. Than usual!
5. Doctor Who :The Christmas Invasion (2005): Only a few actual holiday references: a killer band of Santas and a deadly Christmas tree. But it was the introduction of David […]
Apparently this was a hashtag last week. LOVE it. One of our local conservative radio jocks said Jimi Hendrix was overrated…got death threats!
5. Shakespeare in Love deserved the Oscar for Best Picture. One of the cleverest scripts ever (thank you Tom Stoppard), and lots of dazzling performances.
4. Saving Private Ryan is overrated (while […]
In honor of his 50th Anniversary. If you’re not a fan, feel free to use the same categories to discuss YOUR favorite sci-fi series:
5. Best episode: “Blink”: Actually Doctor-lite (Carey Mulligan has the central role), but a wonderful stand-alone episode with an engaging heroine, a great mystery, and some of the most truly terrifying […]
Without looking at any post, I am editing my Five. Last night I smacked my forehead and said, “How could I forget HIM?” So he’s my new #1.
In honor of the day, choose your Top 5 film/TV/book: characters/performances/stories/scenes.
5. The Best Years of Our Lives: I can’t believe this movie used to bore me. […]
Here’s for the actresses:
5. Norma Shearer: the title role in Marie Antoinette (1938): Because as the Queen of France she proved she deserved to be the Queen of Hollywood. It wasn’t just Thalberg, got her there.
4. Greta Garbo: the title role in Ninotchka (1939): Because she played a humorless character who was utterly hilarious.
3. Myrna Loy: Nora […]